Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our Baby's Heartbeat :)

Hello everyone!
Today we had our follow up appointment. The nurse practioner was really behind so Joe came with me to the appointment but had to leave for his physio appointme.t before I went in. She went over the ultrasound she said everything looked good and that my due date is still October 15th! Also got my generic testing results back and the baby had a 1:50,000 chance of having down syndrome. I like those odds :-) She checked my blood pressure, all was normal. I told her about the heart pulpatations I had a couple of weeks ago and she said it's normal and I was just making a lot of fluids at that time. She wrote me a prescription for Ferrous Fumarate because my iron was slightly low. She then put the Doppler on my tummy and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time :) She found the heartbeat after a few minutes but as soon as she found it the baby moved away, lol. Just like it does when I'm poking at it! She found it again a few minutes later and I got to record it. She said it's a girl (based on the old wives tale I'm guessing! lol) Here it is!

I emailed the clip to Joe and when he picked me up from the hospital he was playing it on his car speakers, lol. Too cute! After that appointment I had our Prebirth Service which including registering at the hospital and some information about labour with a Public Health nurse. It made things a little more real, lol. Went over what to bring to the hospital, how many people are allowed in the room etc. Also, we are getting a family doctor! Yay! It`s in Cambridge right now but they are moving to Kitchener soon. They will take care of myself, Joe and the baby :)

Upcoming appointments:
May 28th - Anatomy and gender scan (asked the nurse practioner if they will tell us the gender that day and she said yes :))
June 5th - Follow up appointment with Nurse Practioner
July 17th - First appointment with Ob/Gyn



No comments:

Post a Comment