Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dr. Anstett

Today I got to meet my Ob/Gyn, Dr. Anstett. The nurse took my blood pressure which was fine and weighed me. I'm up about 40 lbs :-[  Sounds like a lot but neither the doctor or the nurse seemed concerned at all. Also, found out my blood type is A+, lol. The doctor took me into his office and went over my health record, set me official due date at October 14 and said he would only let me go 10 days past that if I don't go into labor before then. He was full of statistics lol. He said only 5% of women actually delivery on their due date and about 95% of first time moms get an epidural. He also talked to me about the hospital's reputation and the fact that the 4th floor is dedicated to labour and delivery. He also told me that there are a lot of anesthesiologists working so I shouldn't have to wait too long for my epidural lol. Whew! He also said that the anesthesiologists are doing like 15 procedures a day and are very good at what they do. I asked him about the pain in my pelvis and he said it's normal, can't really take anything for it but to slow down. It's probably gonna get worse, lol. Grrrrrrreat. Also asked about getting my flu shot and he recommended getting it as soon as it becomes available. He then checked baby's heart rate, it was 163, nice and healthy :-) He felt my tummy and said baby is head down and his back is up my left side. Measured my tummy and I'm still at 27 weeks :-)
Now, for the not so good news:
So it looks like I had elevated sugar levels at my glucose test last week. I was at an 8.5. This means I need to go do another test which is much more accurate because I have to fast this time. He didn't seem too concerned, said most of the time women may fail the first test but pass the second and if I fail the second test then I may be able to control it with nutrition, instead of injections :-[
Keep y'all posted on that one!

2 comments: