Monday, April 9, 2012

I Work Out!

So just before I got pregnant I was going to the gym like crazy and eating really well. When I found out we were expecting, I told myself that I was going to try to keep up the lifestyle to make sure I didn't gain too much weight and help with a healthy pregnancy. Well my plan failed. The first 10 weeks of the pregnancy I was EXHAUSTED! I'd have my work out gear in the car but would drive right past the gym to go home and have a nap. Unfortunately, the eating healthy kinda went down the toilet too. For the longest time, the thought of cooking and eating meat and vegetables turned me off. All I want is carbs! Bread, crackers and pasta! I've been getting my protein through lots of dairy products; cheese, milk, eggs and yogurt. Also, I've been eating a lot of fruit.
WELL, today I made my return to the gym! Was a little nervous to begin but I did some reading before hand to make sure I didn't over do it. Just before I got to the gym I started having done mild round ligament pain. I started with 10 minutes on the stationary bike. Then I went to do some of the strength training machines. I usually put the weights at about 40-45 lbs. I started off just doing 15 lbs but more reps. I also sure not to do any exercises that included contracting my stomach muscles. After that I did 20 minutes on the treadmill lightly walking. I made sure to drink my water periodically as well. I really hope I can keep this up. I am going to try to go to the gym Mondays and Fridays after work. Then hopefully, increase it throughout the summer. I wish our apartment complex had a pool, lol. I'd really get some use out of it this summer.
Check out this website for more information about fitness during pregnancy: http://m.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/keeping_fit/archive

No comments:

Post a Comment