Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Baby!!!

So I went for my physical this morning and they checked my weight, blood pressure, checked my urine, went over my blood work from last time and did my pap. All looks good!
Went for the ultrasound and Joe had to wait outside. She poked and proded my body for like 40 minutes without saying much. Very nerve racking! She then told me to go empty my bladder (Thank God!) so that she could get a few more pictures. She was trying to get the baby to turn so that she could measure the fluid behind the neck. It was being very stubborn, just like his momma! lol. She made me cough a few times, lay on my left, lay on my right, get up, lay back down, do the hookey pookey (just kidding, lol) and kept jabbing me with the wand. Finally it moved over enough to kind of get a side profile view. Finally she let Joe come in the room and showed us the photos. What a relief! We saw the baby's heart beating, the tiny little stomach which showed it was starting to swallow amniotic fluid, we saw the baby's brain, it's arms and legs and it's umbilical cord. They don't tell you too much but I am very relieved!
After that I went downstairs to get some blood work done to check for chromosomal abnormalities. I need to go back on the 30th to get the second part done. My next appointment with the Nurse Practinioner is May the 9th. April 18th, we have our "Education Class" at the hospital. It's going to be a busy few months!
Now, what you've all been waiting for... Our Baby :)
Looking at us! Hi Mom and Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment