Monday, August 6, 2012

Hospital Visit

So last Friday Joe and I made surprise hospital visit. On Thursday Ethan was very lazy and I barely felt him kicking. At night and early morning is when he is usually most active and I couldn't feel anything. I was starting to get worried. I tried different things to get him to move for us. Drank something cold, are something sweet, poked around on my belly, flipped to both sides a bit and still nothing. Finally I asked Joe if he could run out and get some orange juice and instead came back with Mc Donald's breakfast (with an orange juice of course! It was 7am, we took advantage of that lol). Told him if that didn't get him moving that we should go to the hospital. Clearly, that didn't work. Really scared and nervous we went to the doctor hospital. They were very good. We went up to Labor & Delivery and told them our concern and admitted me. I laid down on the bed and as soon as they hooked the monitor up, you could hear his heartbeat. Best sound in the whole world! The nurse just sat and listened for a while and said "let's just see if we hear him move". Sure enough you hear a big "swoosh!" and another big "swoosh!" that sound is him moving. While this was happening I wasn't feeling anything. It was really weird. She grabbed the doctor, who just happened to be my Ob/Gyn, Dr. Anstett, who said everything sounds fine and that the baby must be running out of room in there so I should be feeling more rolls than kicks now.
Sure enough, that day and all weekend I felt rolls. He has been making up for lost time, that's for sure! Lol. Last night I was having those round ligament pains which feel like your uterus is stretching and sure enough today, I'm feeling kicks again. So weird. I've come to the conclusion that this child will worry me for the rest of my life, in and out of the womb, lol.

Upcoming stuff:

August 13 - Doctor's appointment
August 18th/19th - Prenatal Class
August 26th - Baby Shower!
...September 4th - Back to Work :-(

1 comment:

  1. ...worry, and that they will do to you! Glad all is well. Xoxoxo

    Luv ya!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete