Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Appointment

So today Joe and I got up early to head to the hospital for our first appointment.  When we first got there we registered with the secretary and got a package with n information booklet and stuff. I went to do a urine swample as well as blood work. Then the Nurse Practioner, Rita, who shared a little information about what to expect with all the mothers-to-be. After that we went into her office for individualized appointments. She asked us a gazzilion questions and weighed me. She asked about spotting and I told her that I spotted on Monday. She recommended no sex until after the ultrasound, my poor guy! lol. (Sorry again Moms and Nicole! lol). She also was slightly concerned that I was on Cyestra (Birth Control) when I got pregnant saying that the hormones are not good for the baby. Honestly, I can't keep up with all this random shit that apparently is not good for the baby. I'm not too concerned about it, people get knocked up on the pill all the time. For some reason she also thinks I am further along than the last ultrasound suggests. According to my last period I am due October 15th but according to the ultrasound I am due Octover 19th. She thinks it's closer to the 15th, but we should find out for sure when I go for my 12 week ultrasound. I was kinda disappointed with today's appointment, I really wanted to see if we could hear the heartbeat today. On April 2nd, I have my physical which is like an hour long, and then our ultrasound. Super excited! It looks like every appointment we have with Rita, which is every 4 weeks, we will get to hear the heartbeat. That's exciting! She gave me a prescription for PregVit,  prenatal vitamin with Iron and Calcium in it. I already take those supplements but now istead of 8-10 pills it's just 2 pills. She also gave me a pill for nausea but I feel pretty good these days so I don't think I will be taking it. Anyway, after about 2.5 hours Joe and I went home to take a nap. I actually cooked dinner tonight! lol Poor Joe has really been getting the shit end of the stick lately since I haven't had much of an appetite for dinner lately. Been eating like a grilled cheese sandwich and some eggs or something. Back to work tomorrow. I wish I could be off work until my appointment, lol. Work is so tiring!!! Anyway, 'til next time! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment